- Ruling house of Verona
- Prince Escalus is the ruling Prince of Verona.
- Count Paris is a kinsman of Escalus who wishes to marry Juliet.
- Mercutio is another kinsman of Escalus, a friend of Romeo.
- House of Capulet
- Capulet is the patriarch of the house of Capulet.
- Lady Capulet is the matriarch of the house of Capulet.
- Juliet Capulet is the 13-year-old daughter of Capulet, the play's female protagonist.
- Tybalt is a cousin of Juliet, the nephew of Lady Capulet.
- The Nurse is Juliet's personal attendant and confidante.
- Rosaline is Lord Capulet's niece, Romeo's love in the beginning of the story.
- Peter, Sampson, and Gregory are servants of the Capulet household.
- House of Montague
- Montague is the patriarch of the house of Montague.
- Lady Montague is the matriarch of the house of Montague.
- Romeo Montague, the son of Montague, is the play's male protagonist.
- Benvolio is Romeo's cousin and best friend.
- Abram and Balthasar are servants of the Montague household.
- Friar Laurence is a Franciscan friar and Romeo's confidant.
- Friar John is sent to deliver Friar Laurence's letter to Romeo.
- An Apothecary who reluctantly sells Romeo poison.
- A Chorus reads a prologue to each of the first two acts.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is
providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a
professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do
not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your
discretion when relying on it.