College Physics (7th Edition)

Published by Pearson
ISBN 10: 0-32160-183-1
ISBN 13: 978-0-32160-183-4

Chapter 1 - Measurement and Problem Solving - Learning Path Questions and Exercises - Exercises - Page 30: 55


100 Kg

Work Step by Step

Density of silica aerogel $=0.1 g/cm^{3}$ 5% of the mass is occupied by silica, the rest 95% is empty. Mass of silica in $1 m^{3}$ is given by $Mass = Density \times Volume = 0.1 g/cm^{3}\times 10^{6} cm^{3} =10^{5} g = 100 kg$
Update this answer!

You can help us out by revising, improving and updating this answer.

Update this answer

After you claim an answer you’ll have 24 hours to send in a draft. An editor will review the submission and either publish your submission or provide feedback.