- Fuller, Stephen M.. Eudora Welty and Surrealism. Jackson, Mississippi: University Press of Mississippi, 2014.
Richmond, Lee J. "Symbol and Theme in Eudora Welty's 'Petrified Man.'" The English Journal, vol. 60, no. 9, 1971, pp. 1201-1203.
Ballentine, Brandon Clarke. The Narrative Lens: Understanding Eudora Welty's Fiction through Her Photography. 2006. East Tennessee State University, Master's thesis, https://dc.etsu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3563&context=etd.
Caldwell, Price. "Sexual Politics in Welty's 'Moon Lake' and 'Petrified Man.'" Studies in American Fiction, vol. 18, no. 2, 1990, pp. 171-181.
O'Donnell, Patrick. ""Becoming Discourse: Eudora Welty's Petrified Man." Changing Our Minds: Feminist Transformations of Knowledge, edited by Susan Hardy Aiken et al., State University of New York Press, 1988, pp. 15-38.
- Welty, Eudora. "Petrified Man." 4/30/20. <https://www.scott.kyschools.us/userfiles/1778/Classes/3014/OC%20Doc%20Eudora%20Welty%20and%20Petrified%20Man-0.pdf>.
- Pierpont, Claudia Roth. "A Perfect Lady." The New Yorker. 10/5/98. 5/3/20. <https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1998/10/05/a-perfect-lady>.
- Crockett, Zachary. "The Rise and Fall of Circus Freakshows." Pricenomics. 5/7/20. <https://priceonomics.com/the-rise-and-fall-of-circus-freakshows/>.
- "The Sad Stories Of The Ringling Brothers’ “Freak Show” Acts." All That's Interesting. 5/7/20. <https://allthatsinteresting.com/freak-show-members>.
- Stringer, Katie. " The Legacy of Dime Museums and the Freakshow : How the Past Impacts the Present." The American Association for State and Local History. 5/7/20. <https://aaslh.org/the-legacy-of-dime-museums-and-the-freakshow-how-the-past-impacts-the-present/>.