- Richard Wagamese . Indian Horse . Vancouver/Toronto: Douglas & McIntyre, 2012.
- Survivors of the Kamloops Indian Residential School . Behind Closed Doors: Stories from the Kamloops Indian Residential School. Quebec : Secwepemc Cultural Education Society , 2000.
Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada. Honoring the Truth, Reconciling the Future: Summary of the Final Report of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada. 2015.
Simpson, Leanne Betasamosake. "Land as Pedagogy: Nishnaabeg Intelligence and Rebellious Transformation." Decolonization: Indigeneity, Education and Society, Vol. 3, No. 3, 2014, pp. 1-25.
Robinson, Jack. "Re-Storying the Colonial Landscape: Richard Wagamese's Indian Horse." Studies in Canadian Literature, Vol. 38, Issue 2, pp. 88-105.
- Jules Lewis. "Richard Wagamese ." The Canadian Encyclopedia . April 18, 2017. August 15, 2019. <https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/richard-wagamese>.
- "Richard Wagamese ." Athabasca University . April 3, 2017. August 15, 2017. <http://canadian-writers.athabascau.ca/english/writers/rwagamese/rwagamese.php>.
- Union of Ontario Indians. "An Overview of the Indian Residential School System ." 2013. August 15, 2019. <http://www.anishinabek.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/An-Overview-of-the-IRS-System-Booklet.pdf>.