- Blouch, Christine. "Eliza Haywood and the Romance of Obscurity." SEL: Studies in English Literature 1500–1900 no. 31 (1991): 535–551.
- Backscheider, Paula R. "Eliza Haywood." In Matthew, H.C.G. and Brian Harrison, eds. Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Vol. 26, 97–100. London: OUP, 2004.
- Bowers, Toni. "Sex, Lies, and Invisibility: Amatory Fiction from Behn to Haywood", in The Columbia History of the British Novel John J. Richetti, Ed. New York: Columbia University Press, 1994: 50–72.
- King, Kathryn R. A Political Biography of Eliza Haywood. London: Pickering & Chatto, 2012. xi–xii, 1–15, 17–24, 30–1, 58–65, 90–98.
- Schofield, Mary Anne. Eliza Haywood. Boston: Twayne Publishers, 1985.
- Spacks, Patricia Meyer. Introduction. Selections from The Female Spectator: Eliza Haywood. New York: Oxford University Press, 1999. ix–xxi.
- Spedding, Patrick. A Bibliography of Eliza Haywood. London: Pickering and Chatto, 2004.
- Stuart, Shea. "Subversive Didacticism in Eliza Haywood's Betsy Thoughtless." Studies in English Literature 1500–1900. 42.3 (2002): 559–575.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.