Answers 1Add Yours
1) Melinda learns to communicate
2) Melinda finds it inside of herself to not only write the report on suffragettes for Mr. Neck, but to find a way to present it as well (she wants to run and hide, but she pulls it off).
3) Melinda achieves complete recollection of the rape and is able to admit that it really happened.
4) Melinda finishes her tree in art class, and like the birds....... she is free.
5) Melinda plants a garden. This symbolizes her ability to achieve individual growth by moving on (her dad prunes the dead branches/ she prunes the memories).