1. How would you describe the political ideology of the author of this book? Give quotes from the book to validate your answer.
2. Describe the social environment for the three jobs profiled in the book. What are the positive and negative aspects of this environment?
3. Choosing one of the jobs in the book, describe the cultural setting based on what you are learning in the course. Specifically link back to the textbook.
4. The economics of low income wage earners is at the heart of this book, as can be seen in the title. How would you describe the “standard of living” for these workers? How does this link back to the theme of poverty in this course?
5. Please give your overall assessment of this book, and whether you think it is still relevant in 2017.