Which of the following best explains the relationship the grandmother has with her son?
- close because they live together
- strained because they are very different
- difficult because the grandmother is critical
- loving because family is important to both of them
Which passage from the text best supports the answer above?
- “She wanted to visit some of her connections in east Tennessee and she was seizing at every chance to change Bailey’s mind. Bailey was the son she lived with, her only boy.” ("Paragraph 1")
- “[S]he cautioned Bailey that the speed limit was fifty-five miles an hour and that the patrolmen hid themselves behind billboards and small clumps of trees” ("Paragraph 13")
- “She asked Bailey if he would like to dance but he only glared at her. He didn’t have a naturally sunny disposition like she did and trips made him nervous.” ("Paragraph 29")
- “The grandmother was curled up under the dashboard, hoping she was injured so that Bailey’s wrath would not come down on her all at once.” ("Paragraph 64")