1220. Analogies present words in pairs to emphasize their relationships. Common links include synonym, antonym, degree of intensity, and part to whole. For each numbered item, study the relationship presented in the first pair. Then, use the vocabulary words listed below to complete word pairs that express the same relationship.
jetty (n) wall or barrier built into a body of water to protect a harbor
loomed (v) appeared in a large or threatening form
wharf (n) structure built as a landing place for boats
scorn (n) contempt; open dislike or derision
stupor (n) mental dullness, as if drugged
Cue (n) prompt or reminder
1. STRENGTH is to WEAKNESS as_______is to ADMIRATION.
2. ADVICE is to GUIDANCE as__________is to PROMPT.
3. BUMPER is to AUTOMOBILE as__________is to HARBOR.
4. FREMZY is to CALMNESS as__________is to LUCIDITY.
5. ENCOURAGED is to SUPPORTED as_________is to THREATENED.
6. HANGAR is to AIRPLANE as______________is to BOAT.