THESE 10 QUESTIONS ONLY DEAL WITH THE FIRST FIVE CHAPTERS OF ANIMAL FARM IF THAT HELPS.
1. How do the animals in the novel act like humans? In which ways do they still act like animals?
2. What happens during and after the rebellion? Be specific.
3. Do you agree with Old Major's pronouncement that "Man is the only creature that consumes without producing"? Explain reasoning,
4.Why are the animals so easily led by pigs? Explain.
5. Describe the flag that Snowball designs for the farm. What is the significance of the color of the flag and the symbols on it?
6. What maxim does Snowball use to simplify the Seven Commandments? Why is this maxim a good propaganda technique?
7. In what ways do the animals perform, like a disciplined army in the Battle of Cowshed? How is this battle different from the initial rebellion?
8. Why does Mollie leave the farm? How do the other animals react to her leaving?
9. In what way does the idea of building a windmill serve to deepen the animosity between Snowball and Napoleon?
10. How does Napoleon overthrow Snowball?