Frances Hodgson Burnett’s A Little Princess features a main character named Sara Crewe. What can you infer about Sara’s character based on this excerpt from the novel?
- She was such a little girl that one did not expect to see such a look on her small face. It would have been an old look for a child of twelve, and Sara Crewe was only seven. The fact was, however, that she was always dreaming and thinking odd things and could not herself remember any time when she had not been thinking things about grown-up people and the world they belonged to. She felt as if she had lived a long, long time.
- ASara was very mature for her age.
- BSara liked the company of grown-ups.
- CSara had an overactive imagination.
- DSara admired older people’s wisdom.