Premium Content Of Mice and Men Lesson Plan
Day 3 - Reading Assignment, Questions, Vocabulary
Students read Part III.
Daily Lesson Objectives
1. Reading well: continuing to track themes; examining character development (especially as George and Lennie are seen interacting with other characters and a dramatic event occurs); appreciating how the novella continues to resemble stageplay format.
2. Thinking well: re-envisioning this chapter as it would be presented in a play or film and condensing the dialogue/action to do so; thus, students must be able to discern only the most pertinent details of the chapter to construct a concise and meaningful mini-script.
3. Speaking well: developing oral skills through vocabulary development, dramatic readings, and group discussion.
4. Listening well: assessing the dramatic readings; developing a taste for good grammar and strong diction; evaluating the arguments of other groups in the discussion activity.
5. Understanding: identifying how dramatically the plot has progressed with definite action since the first two scenes; exploring the existing themes regarding inequality, futile dreams, and fate.
This excerpt of the lesson plan is provided for free. To read the complete lesson plan of 121 printed pages or get access to our full library of Literature Essays, please subscribe below or log in if you are already subscribed.
Join Now - Choose a Membership Level
GradeSaver provides access to quizzes, 3009 literature essays, 895 sample college application essays and ad-free surfing in this premium content, "Members Only" section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.
We have been mentioned in the Washington Post, the Economist, and many other papers around the world for our exceptional essays. GradeSaver has reviewed each essay for quality; these essays are the very best on the Internet and many have been written by students of Ivy League colleges.
|3-Day Trial (recurring)||$2.95 *|
|30-Day Trial (recurring)||$6.95 *|
|1 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$12.95|
|12 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$49.95|
* After your trial period, you will be billed a monthly fee of $6.95 with the option to cancel at any time. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Of Mice and Men Essays and Related Content
- Of Mice and Men: Study Guide
- Of Mice and Men: Major Themes
- Of Mice and Men: Essays
- Of Mice and Men: Questions
- Of Mice and Men: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- John Steinbeck: Biography
- Teaching Guide
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Final Paper and Exam