Students read Part II.
Common Core Objectives
• Work on reading well: learning how to track developing themes and new characters; appreciating the narrative structure of good writing.
• Introduction to thinking well: using the discussion questions to do more than just read; assessing the oral reading of peers.
• Introduction to speaking well: developing oral skills through vocabulary development, discussion of thought questions, and reading aloud.
• Interpretive skills: picking up on subtle clues to determine the tone of the novel and what this section may foreshadow
• Understanding subtle social interactions: considering the role of each new character in relation to the ranch, and in...