Letter to Mr. Porter
Kind of Activity:
To make connections between the main character and the minor characters
Introduce this activity with a discussion about Hannah’s relationship to Mr. Porter. You can ask students the following questions:
- What is Mr. Porter’s role in Hannah’s life?
- Why did Hannah go to Mr. Porter for help?
- What do you think Hannah expected from Mr. Porter?
- How did Mr. Porter fail or hurt Hannah?
- How could Mr. Porter have done better?
- Based on Hannah’s recorded conversation, how would you describe Mr. Porter’s character?
- How would you describe Hannah’s character?
Have students imagine that...
Join Now to View Premium Content
GradeSaver provides access to 840 study guide PDFs and quizzes, 6279 literature essays, 1740 sample college application essays, 251 lesson plans, and ad-free surfing in this premium content, “Members Only” section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.