- Hurston-Wright Legacy Award 2004 (Best Debut Fiction Category)
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize 2005: Best First Book (Africa) 
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize 2005: Best First Book (overall)
- Shortlisted for the Orange Prize for Fiction 2004
- Longlisted for the Booker Prize 2004 
- Nominated for the YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association) Best Books for Young Adults Award (2004)
- Shortlisted for the John Llewellyn Rhys Prize 2004/2005
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.