- ^ a b c Stryker, Susan. Queer Pulp: Perverted Passions from the Golden Age of the Paperback (San Francisco: Chronicle Books, 2001), page 104.
- ^ Bronski, Michael, ed. Pulp Friction: Uncovering the Golden Age of Gay Male Pulps. New York: St. Martin's Griffin, 2003, pages 10-11.
- ^ Valerie Rohy, “Displacing Desire: Passing, Nostalgia, and Giovanni’s Room.” In Passing and the Fictions of Identity, ed. by Elaine K. Ginsberg. Durham: Duke University Press, 1996. Pp 218-32.
- ^ Fern Marja Eckman, The Furious Passage of James Baldwin, New York: M. Evans & Co., 1966, page 137
- ^ James Levin, The Gay Novel in America, New York:Garland Publishing, 1991, page 143
- ^ The Publishing Triangle's list of the 100 best lesbian and gay novels
- ^ Young, Ian, The Male Homosexual in Literature: A Bibliography, Metuchen, NJ: The Scarecrow Press, 1975, page 155
- ^ Solli, Maiken, "Reading Bisexually: Acknowledging a Bisexual Perspective in Giovanni's Room, The Color Purpleand Brokeback Mountain. MA thesis. University of Oslo, 2012.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.