- The novel was first adapted for a January 1956 episode of the anthology television series Studio One.
- Plein Soleil (also known as Purple Noon) (1960), directed by René Clément, stars Alain Delon as Ripley and Maurice Ronet as Greenleaf.
- The 1999 film version, directed by Anthony Minghella, stars Matt Damon as Ripley, Jude Law as Dickie, and Gwyneth Paltrow as Marge.
- The 2009 BBC Radio 4 adaptation of the Ripliad stars Ian Hart as Ripley, Stephen Hogan as Dickie, and Barbara Barnes as Marge.
- In 2010, the novel was adapted into a stage production at Northampton's Royal Theatre starring Michelle Ryan.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.