The Spanish Tragedy Study Guide & Essays
The title page of the 1615 edition of Kyd's celebrated play reads:
The Spanish Tragedie:
Hieronimo is mad againe.
In its day, The Spanish Tragedy was anonymous. Only in 1773 did the theatrical historian Thomas Hawkins discover, in Thomas Heywood's Apology for Actors (1612), the play's assignment to…
The Spanish Tragedy study guide contains a biography of Thomas Kyd, literature essays, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary and analysis.
- The Spanish Tragedy Summary
- About The Spanish Tragedy
- Character List
- Glossary of Terms
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of Act 1
- Summary and Analysis of Act 2
- Summary and Analysis of Act 3, Scenes 1-10