- Vindice, the revenger, frequently disguised as Piato (both the 1607 and 1608 printings render his name variously as Vendici, Vindici and Vindice, with the latter spelling most frequent).
- Hippolito, Vindice's brother, sometimes called Carlo.
- Castiza, their sister.
- Gratiana, a widow, mother of Vindice, Hippolito, and Castiza.
- The Duke.
- The Duchess, the duke's second wife.
- Lussurioso, the duke's son from an earlier marriage, and his heir.
- Spurio, the duke's second son, a bastard.
- Ambitioso, the duchess's first son.
- Supervacuo, the duchess's middle son.
- Junior Brother, the duchess's third son.
- Antonio, a discontented lord at the Duke's court.
- Antonio's wife, raped by Junior Brother
- Piero, a discontented lord at the Duke's court.
- Nobles, allies of Lussurioso.
- Lords, followers of Antonio.
- The Duke's gentlemen.
- Two Judges.
- Spurio's two Servants.
- Four Officers.
- A Prison-Keeper.
- Dondolo, Castiza's servant.
- Nencio and Sordido, Lussurioso's servants.
- Ambitioso's henchman.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is
providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a
professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do
not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your
discretion when relying on it.