- ^ it appears in 1900 in an edition entitled Lord Arthur Savile's Crime: The Portrait of Mr. W. H. and Other Stories, Methuen, 1900.
- ^ Oscar Wilde, Selected Letters ed. Hart-Davis, R., Oxford University Press, 1979, p.122.
- ^ a b c d G. Wilson Knight, The Mutual Flame: On Shakespeare's Sonnets and the Phoenix and the Turtle, Methuen: London, 1955, p.7.
- ^ quoted Rollins, New Variorum, 11, 184, referring to Ulysses, 1922, 190
- ^ Julian Green, Personal Record, trans. J. Godefroi, 1939; 66; quoted New Variorum, 11, 184
- ^ Hyder Edward Rollins, The Sonnets, New Variorum Shakespeare, vol. 25 II, Lippincott, 1944, p.184.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.