- ^ James, Henry (2009). The Portrait of a Lady, Vol. I, Preface, p. 12. Serenity Publishers.
- ^ Bloom, Harold, ed. (2002). Henry James, p. 13. Chelsea House Publishers.
- ^ James, Henry (1961). The Portrait of a Lady, p. 530. Dell Publishing Co. Inc.
- ^ Alfred Habegger (2004) Henry James and the 'Woman Business' , Cambridge University Press
- ^ Paul M. Hadella (1994) "Rewriting Misogyny: Portrait of a Lady and the Popular Fiction Debate" in American Literary Realism, 1870–1910, University of Illinois Press.
- ^ James, Henry; Edel, Leon (ed.) (1980). Letters, Volume III: 1883–1895, pp. 46–47. Belknap Press.
- ^ James, Henry (2009). Preface, p. 19.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.