- ^ David, Deirdre The Cambridge companion to the Victorian novel p179. Cambridge University Press, 2001.
- ^ Hall, Sharon K (1979). Twentieth century literary criticism. p.531. University of Michigan
- ^ Lorna J. Clarke: "Introduction", p. xxiv. In: Sarah Burney: The Romance of Private Life. The Hermitage (London: Pickering & Chatto, 2008. ISBN 1-85196-873-3).
- ^ Karl, Frederick R (2002). "Introduction". The Moonstone. New York. p. 9. ISBN 0-451-52829-8.
- ^ Paul Collins. "The Case of the First Mystery Novelist", in-print as "Before Hercule or Sherlock, There Was Ralph", New York Times Book Review, 7 January 2011
- ^ Julian Symons (1972), Bloody Murder: From the Detective Story to the Crime Novel. pg.51: "...there is no doubt that the first detective novel, preceding Collins and Gaboriau, was The Notting Hill Mystery.
- ^ Kirby, Walter (November 22, 1953). "Better Radio Programs for the Week". The Decatur Daily Review. p. 46. Retrieved July 8, 2015 – via Newspapers.com.
- ^ "BBC Controller of Drama Ben Stephenson announces range of new commissions reflecting the unique strengths of BBC One drama". BBC Media Centre. 11 January 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.