Rachel is frustrated because she feels like she has useful information, but the police (and everyone else associated with the case) refuse to take her seriously. Why is Rachel considered and unreliable witness?
There are many reasons why the police and the residents of Blenheim Road might doubt Rachel's information about Megan's disappearance. Reasons that students suggest may include:
- Her history with alcoholism
- Her failure to remember anything that happened to her on the night of the incident (due to her alcoholism).
- Her notoriety as the ex-wife of a respected neighborhood resident.
- Her lack of any sort of acquaintance with the victim.
- The fact that Rachel got her...
Join Now to View Premium Content
GradeSaver provides access to 872 study guide PDFs and quizzes, 6693 literature essays, 1803 sample college application essays, 276 lesson plans, and ad-free surfing in this premium content, “Members Only” section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.