- The 1947 film The Lost Moment was based on The Aspern Papers. It starred Susan Hayward as Miss Tina and Robert Cummings as the narrator.
- In 1959, The Aspern Papers was adapted for the stage by Michael Redgrave and successfully produced at the Queen's Theatre in London's West End, with Redgrave and Flora Robson in the lead roles. A Broadway production followed in 1962 starring Maurice Evans and Wendy Hiller. The play has been revived a number of times since the original production.
- In 1974, London Weekend Television (ITV) made Affairs of the Heart, a collection of seven dramatisations of stories by Henry James. The third episode, retitled "Miss Tita", was a fairly close adaptation of The Aspern Papers. It starred Margaret Tyzack as Miss Tita, Beatrix Lehmann as Juliana Bordereau, and John Carson as Charles Faversham, the narrator and would-be editor.
- In 1984 the play was produced at the Theatre Royal, Haymarket, London. The cast included Vanessa Redgrave playing Miss Tina, the lead, and Wendy Hiller playing Juliana. Christopher Reeve played the male lead, Henry Jarvis. Vanessa Redgrave was given the Oliver Award for Best Actress in a revival.
- The 1991 film Els Papers d'Aspern, directed by Jordi Cadena, starring Silvia Munt
- The 1985 film Aspern, directed by Eduardo de Gregorio, starring Jean Sorel, Bulle Ogier and Alida Valli
- In 1988 the Dallas Opera presented the world premiere of Dominick Argento's opera The Aspern Papers.
- On 26 April 2010, BBC Radio 4 began broadcasting an abridged audio version of The Aspern Papers, in their Book at Bedtime slot. It was read by Samuel West.
- The 2010 film The Aspern Papers, directed by Mariana Hellmund, starring Judith Roberts and Brooke Smith, Felix d'alviella,Joan Juliet Buck, Lourdes Brito and, Marvin Huise.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.