- Martha J. Cutter, "Sliding Significations: Passing as a Narrative and Textual Strategy in Nella Larsen's Fiction," in Passing and the Fictions of Identity, ed Elaine Ginsberg, Duke UP 1996, pages 75–100.
- Thadious M. Davis (1994), Nella Larsen, Novelist of the Harlem Renaissance: A Woman's Life Unveiled ISBN 0-8071-2070-7.
- Sheila Kaye-Smith (1956), All the Books of My Life, Cassell, London, 1956
- Charles R. Larson (1993), Invisible Darkness: Jean Toomer and Nella Larsen
- Passer la ligne, A French translation of Passing, ACFA Editions, Marseilles, 2009. ISBN 978-2-9524259-2-6
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.