Mythology Quiz 4
1. What did King Laius do to attempt to change the prophecy given to him?
- He put his daughter and her baby out to sea
- He killed his wife
- He left his son on a mountain and assumed him dead
- He built a bronze house for his daughter and carefully guarded it
2. Who killed Eteocles?
This excerpt of this quiz is provided for free. To view and take the complete quiz or get access to our full library of Literature Essays, please subscribe below or log in if you are already subscribed.
Join Now - Choose a Membership Level
GradeSaver provides access to quizzes, 3009 literature essays, 895 sample college application essays and ad-free surfing in this premium content, "Members Only" section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.
We have been mentioned in the Washington Post, the Economist, and many other papers around the world for our exceptional essays. GradeSaver has reviewed each essay for quality; these essays are the very best on the Internet and many have been written by students of Ivy League colleges.
|3-Day Trial (recurring)||$2.95 *|
|30-Day Trial (recurring)||$6.95 *|
|1 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$12.95|
|12 Month Membership (one-time charge)||$49.95|
* After your trial period, you will be billed a monthly fee of $6.95 with the option to cancel at any time. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Mythology Essays and Related Content
- Mythology: Major Themes
- Mythology: Questions
- Mythology: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- Edith Hamilton: Biography
- Mythology Summary
- About Mythology
- Character List
- Glossary of Terms
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of Persephone; Dionysus (Bacchus)
- Summary and Analysis of The Creation of the Earth
- Summary and Analysis of Prometheus; Pandora; Prometheus and Io
- Summary and Analysis of Europa; the Cyclops Polyphemus
- Summary and Analysis of Narcissus; Hyacinth; Adonis
- Summary and Analysis of Cupid and Psyche
- Summary and Analysis of Pyramus and Thisbe; Orpheus and Eurydice; Ceyx and Alcyone; Pygmalion and Galetea
- Summary and Analysis of Baucis and Philemon; Endymion; Daphne; Alpheus and Arethusa
- Summary and Analysis of Phaethon; Pegasus and Bellerophon
- Summary and Analysis of Otus and Ephialtes; Daedalus
- Summary and Analysis of Perseus
- Summary and Analysis of Theseus
- Summary and Analysis of Hercules; Atalanta
- Summary and Analysis of The Quest for the Golden Fleece
- Summary and Analysis of Tantalus and Niobe; Iphigenia Among the Taurians
- Summary and Analysis of Oedipus; Antigone
- What Is True about a Myth?
- Related Links on Mythology
- Suggested Essay Questions
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 1
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 2
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 3
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 4
- Author of ClassicNote and Sources