- "In Dubious Battle and Other Recent Works of Fiction," Fred T. March, New York Times, February 2, 1936, p. BR7
- "In Dubious Battle Revalued," Carlos Baker, July 25, 1943, p. BR4
- "The Unhappy Man from Happy Valley," Alfred Kazin, New York Times, May 4, 1958 p. BR1
- Pressman, Richard S. "Individualists or Collectivists: Steinbeck's In Dubious Battle and Hemingway's To Have and Have Not." Steinbeck Quarterly 25.03-04 (Summer/Fall 1992): 119-133.
- Rose, Alan Henry. "Steinbeck and the Complexity of the Self in In Dubious Battle." Steinbeck Quarterly 9.01 (Winter 1976): 15-19
- Sarchett, Barry W. "In Dubious Battle: A Revaluation." Steinbeck Quarterly 13.03-04 (Summer/Fall 1980): 87-97
- Wilson, Jerry W. "In Dubious Battle: Engagement in Collectivity." Steinbeck Quarterly 13.01-02 (Winter/Spring 1980): 31-42
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.