- Tess Chakkalakal and Kenneth W. Warren (eds.), Jim Crow, Literature, and the Legacy of Sutton E. Griggs. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press, 2013.
- Finnie D. Coleman, Sutton E. Griggs and the Struggle Against White Supremacy. Knoxville, TN: University of Tennessee Press, 2007.
- Arlene A Elder, The "Hindered Hand": Cultural Implications of Early African-American Fiction. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1978.
- M. Giulia Fabi, "Race Travel in Turn-of-the-Century African American Utopian Fiction," in Passing and the Rise of the African American Novel. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press, 2001.
- John Cullen Gruesser, Black on Black: Twentieth-Century African American Writing about Africa. Lexington, KY: University Press of Kentucky, 2000.
- ---, The Empire Abroad and the Empire at Home: African American Literature and the Era of Overseas Expansion. Athens, GA: University of Georgia Press, 2012.
- Randolph Meade Walker, The Metamorphosis of Sutton E. Griggs: The Transition from Black Radical to Conservative, 1913-1933. Memphis, TN: Walker Publishing, 1991.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.