- Robert Graves. I, Claudius. New York: Vintage International , 1989.
- Barbara Levick. Claudius. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1993.
- Anthony A. Barrett. Agrippina: Sex, Power, and Politics in the Early Empire. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1999.
- Frank L. Kersnowski. Conversations with Robert Graves (Literary Conversations Series). Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 1989.
- Robert Graves. Good-Bye to All That: An Autobiography. New York: Anchor Books, 1958.
- Patrick J. Quinn. New Perspectives on Robert Graves. Selinsgrove: Susquehanna University Press, 1999.
Goldman, Shalom. "White Goddess, Hebrew Goddess: The Bible, the Jews, and Poetic Myth in the Works of Robert Graves," in Modern Judaism, Vol. 23, No. 1 (February 2003) pp. 32-55.
Burton, Philip. "The Values of a Classical Education: Satirical Elements in Robert Graves's Claudius Novels," in The Review of English Studies, New Series, Vol. 46, No. 182 (May 1995) pp. 191-218.
Woodworth, Dorothea Clinton. "Review: 'I, Claudius,'" in The Classical Journal, Vol. 30, No. 6 (March 1935) pp. 366-369.
Friedman, Bruno and Robert Graves. "An Interview with Robert Graves on Science and Society," in Leonardo, Vol. 4, No. 4 (Autumn 1971) pp. 371-375.
"I, Claudius." Dir. Herbert Wise. Perfs.Derek Jacobi, George Baker. 1977. DVD. British Broadcasting Corporation, 2005.
- Ian Firla. "St. John's College Robert Graves Trust." Robert Graves Society at St. John's College. 2008-01-01. 2008-09-05. <http://www.robertgraves.org>.