- The series in the original French is entitled La Vie de Gargantua et de Pantagruel. Available English translations include The Complete Works of François Rabelais by Donald M. Frame and Five Books of the Lives, Heroic Deeds and Sayings of Gargantua and Pantagruel, translated by Sir Thomas Urquhart and Pierre Antoine Motteux.
- Bakhtin, Mikhail. Rabelais and his world, Bloomington, Indiana University Press, 1941.
- Clark, Katerina; Holquist, Michael (1984). Mikhail Bakhtin (4 ed.). Cambridge: Harvard University Press. p. 398. ISBN 978-0-674-57417-5. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Holquist, Michael. Dialogism: Bakhtin and His World, Second Edition. Routledge, 2002.
- Kinser, Samuel. Rabelais's Carnival: Text, Context, Metatext. Berkeley: University of California Press, c1990 1990.
- Shepherd, Richard Herne. The School of Pantagruel, 1862. Charles Collett. (Essay, transcription)
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.