Suggested Essay Questions
- What are Arjuna's chief reasons for not initially wanting to fight the Kauravas? How does his attitude change by the end?
- Why does Krishna reveal himself in his fully divine self if humans are never granted such an opportunity? Why does Arjun merit this exception?
- What is a more powerful way to achieve God -- renunciation or selfless service? Why?
- Is yoga an end result or a process? What are three different ways to achieve yoga?
- What are the three gunas? Give an example of a behavior that might go with each one.
- Explain the karmic cycle of rebirth in the context of dharma and samsara. How can one end this samsaric cycle?
- How prakriti and purusha intersect to create the quilt of life? Does one naturally flow from the other?
- Is it Arjuna's dharma or karma that Krishna says demands him to fight the Kauravas? Why is it his duty to reclaim the kingdom?
- Does one achieve yoga through searching for God through meditation or through simply having faith in the unknown? Why?
- Outline the process of meditation that Krishna reveals to Arjuna as a course for achieving yoga.
Bhagavad-Gita Essays and Related Content