- ^ See Hume, David (1748). Philosophical Essays Concerning Human Understanding (1 ed.). London: A. Millar. Retrieved 28 June 2014. via Google Books
- ^ Hume, David (1776), My Own Life, Appendix A of Ernest Campbell Mossner, The Life of David Hume, University of Texas Press, 1954.
- ^ I. Kant "Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics"
- ^ In Locke's terminology, this was known as the division between simple and complex ideas of sense.
- ^ Hume, D., Enquiries concerning Human Understanding and concerning the Principles of Morals Reprinted from 1777 edition, Third Edition, L. A. Selby-Bigge (ed.), Clarendon Press, Oxford, Sect. XII, Part III, p.165.
- ^ Kohler, Wolfgang. (1925). The mentality of apes. New York: Harcourt. Cited from: Passer, Michael et al. (2003). Psychology: Frontiers and Applications. First Canadian Edition. McGraw-Hill: Toronto. p. 267.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.