Other books in the series
L'Engle wrote four other books featuring this generation of the Murry family, collectively known as the Time Quintet. Listed in order of the internal chronology of the series, they are:
- A Wind in the Door (1973) ISBN 0-374-38443-6
- Many Waters (1986) ISBN 0-374-34796-4
- A Swiftly Tilting Planet (1978) ISBN 0-374-37362-0
- An Acceptable Time (1989) ISBN 0-374-30027-5
Jean C. Fulton remarks that the books are not "intended to be read consecutively, these books, though integrated, are independent." Note that although Many Waters was published approximately eight years after A Swiftly Tilting Planet, it takes place several years earlier, when Sandy and Dennys are in high school and Meg is in college.
Four further novels have been published that feature Meg and Calvin's children, especially Polly O'Keefe. The most recent of these, An Acceptable Time features Meg's parents, and is marketed with the four Murry books as part of the Time Quintet; Sandy Murry appears prominently in A House Like a Lotus, which features Polly O'Keefe. Nearly every novel by Madeleine L'Engle connects to the Murry-O'Keefe series either directly or indirectly due to appearances by recurring characters. See also: List of L'Engle's works and Major characters in the works of Madeleine L'Engle for further detail.
Concerning A Wrinkle in Time
- Scholastic BookFiles: A Reading Guide to A Wrinkle in Time ISBN 0-439-46364-5
- Chase, Carole F. Suncatcher: A Study of Madeleine L'Engle and Her Writing, p. 170. Innisfree Press, 1998, ISBN 1-880913-31-3