- Bogle, Donald. Toms, Coons, Mulattoes, Mammies & Bucks. New York: Continuum Pub. Co., 1993.
- Hacker, Andrew. Two Nations: black and white, separate, hostile, unequal. New York: Scribner’s, 1982.
- Hansberry, Lorraine. To Be Young, Gifted and Black. New York: Signet, 1969.
- Hansberry, Lorraine. A Raisin in the Sun. New York: Vintage Books, 1988.
- Bouie, Jamelle. "How We Built the Ghettoes." The Daily Beast. March 13th, 2014. June 15th, 2016. <...
Join Now to View Premium Content
GradeSaver provides access to 804 study guide PDFs and quizzes, 5927 literature essays, 1677 sample college application essays, 230 lesson plans, and ad-free surfing in this premium content, “Members Only” section of the site! Membership includes a 10% discount on all editing orders.