- The novel was first adapted for a January 1956 episode of the anthology television series Studio One.
Ripley, a series for Showtime starring Andrew Scott as Tom Ripley, was announced in September 2019. An eight-episode first season was commissioned by Showtime, to be written and directed by Steven Zaillian, who pitched the series to the network.
Plein Soleil (also known as Purple Noon) (1960), directed by René Clément, stars Alain Delon as Ripley and Maurice Ronet as Greenleaf.
- The 1999 film version, directed by Anthony Minghella, stars Matt Damon as Ripley, Jude Law as Dickie, and Gwyneth Paltrow as Marge.
- The 2012 Indian Tamil-language adaptation Naan is based on both the novel and its 1999 adaptation.
- The 2009 BBC Radio 4 adaptation of the Ripley novels stars Ian Hart as Ripley, Stephen Hogan as Dickie, and Barbara Barnes as Marge.
- In 2010, the novel was adapted into a stage production at Northampton's Royal Theatre starring Michelle Ryan.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is
providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a
professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do
not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your
discretion when relying on it.