The narrator discusses the following (fictitious) works by Knight:
- The Prismatic Bezel, Sebastian's first novel, "a rollicking parody of the setting of a detective tale"
- Success, Sebastian's second novel, traces "the exact way in which two lines of life were made to come into contact"
- Lost Property, Sebastian's memoir. "A counting of the things and souls lost" on SK's "literary journey of discovery"
- The Funny Mountain, the collective title of a volume of three short stories: "The Funny Mountain", "Albinos in Black", and "The Back of the Moon"
- The Doubtful Asphodel, a final book is about "A man is dying, and he is the hero of the tale . . . The man is the book; the book itself is heaving and dying, and drawing up a ghostly knee".