- Radiohead alludes to the novel in the name of their online merchandise shop and mailing list, W.A.S.T.E.
- In the William Gibson novel Count Zero (1986), the multinational corporation Maas Neotek is named in honor of Oedipa Maas.
- The sample configuration file for GNU's Wget uses proxy.yoyodyne.com as a placeholder for the proxy setting.
- The Phone Company (tpc.int), established by Carl Malamud and Marshall Rose in 1991, used the post horn of the Trystero guild as its logo.
- A Google smartphone app for the third annual Treefort Music Fest (a QR Code scanner in the guise of a nominal secret decoder ring) prominently features the Trystero muted horn.
- The title of the 2018 AMC-TV series Lodge 49 alludes to the novel.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.