- ^ See also § Etymology.
- ^ The canon of the original Old Greek LXX is disputed. This table reflects the canon of the Old Testament as used currently in Orthodoxy.
- ^ Βασιλειῶν (Basileiōn) is the genitive plural of Βασιλεῖα (Basileia).
- ^ That is, Things set aside from Ἔσδρας Αʹ.
- ^ Also called Τωβείτ or Τωβίθ in some sources.
- ^ Obdiou is genitive from "The vision of Obdias", which opens the book.
- ^ Originally placed after 3 Maccabees and before Psalms, but placed in an appendix of the Orthodox Canon
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.