- A film of Death in Venice starring Dirk Bogarde was made by Luchino Visconti in 1971.
- Benjamin Britten transformed Death in Venice into an opera, his last, in 1973.
- The novella was also dramatised by Peter Wolf for BBC Radio 3 in 1997.
- It was made into a ballet by John Neumeier for his Hamburg Ballet company in December 2003.
- Stage production in 2013, directed by Thomas Ostermeier, at the Schaubühne theatre in Berlin, called Death in Venice/Kindertotenlieder, tooking elements from Gustav Mahler song cycle Kindertotenlieder.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.