- Eliot, George (1859). Adam Bede (1st ed.). London: John Blackwood.
- Jones, Robert Tudor (1968). A critical commentary on George Eliot's 'Adam Bede'. London: Macmillan. ISBN 0-333-00215-6.
- Armitt, Lucie (8 August 2001). George Eliot Adam Bede, The "Mill on the Floss", "Middlemarch" (Columbia Critical Guides). Washington D.C.: Columbia University Press. ISBN 0-231-12423-6.
- The Oxford Companion to English Literature (1967)
- Rebecca Gould, "Adam Bede's Dutch Realism and the Novelist's Point of View," Philosophy and Literature 36.2 (2013): 423–442. http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2207324
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.