- ^ Oberlin College: The 19th Century Novel Archived 10 September 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ University of Arizona: Women Mystics and Preachers in Western Tradition Archived 10 September 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ Nathan Uglow, Trinity and All Saints, Leeds. "Adam Bede." The Literary Encyclopedia. 21 Mar. 2002. The Literary Dictionary Company. 2 March 2007.
- ^ Peter Demetz, "Defences of Dutch Painting and the Theory of Realism," Comparative Literature, 15 (1963), 97–115
- ^ Witermeyer, H. 1979. George Eliot and the Visual Arts Yale University Press
- ^ Sister as Journalist: The Almost Anonymous Career of Anne Mozley, Ellen Jordan, Victorian Periodicals Review, Vol. 37, No. 3 (Fall, 2004), pp. 315–341, Published by: Research Society for Victorian Periodicals
- ^ Adam Bede, George Eliot: INTRODUCTION." Nineteenth-Century Literary Criticism. Ed. Juliet Byington and Suzanne Dewsbury. Vol. 89. Thomson Gale, 2001. eNotes.com. 2006. 11 Mar, 2007
- ^ "Adam Bede". nls.uk. 1885.
- ^ a b Feuer, Alan. "Adam Bede (1992)". The New York Times. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.