A college scholarship essay is different than an academic or admission essay. First, you must understand what the sponsoring institution or organization values, then you need to write your essay to conform to those values while meeting the strict scholarship essay requirements. In this article, we'll help you understand and follow the rules of scholarship essay writing. We'll walk you through the process of writing an essay - from choosing a title to editing the final paper. By following our instructions, your writing will become more confident, and you'll improve your chances of writing a winning scholarship essay.
- Follow All the Rules
- Meeting the Deadline
- Do You Know What the Institution Values?
- How to Be the Cream of the Crop
- Would You Survive an Interview?
- Writing the Essay: The Title
- The First Sentence
- The First Paragraph
- The Body
- The Last Paragraph
- Finishing Touches
Additional Writing Resources
- What's a Good Essay?
- Academic Essays
- Admission Essays
- Essay Writing: First-Person and Third-Person Points of View
- Elements of a Successful Research Paper
- Removing Redundancy: Writing Clearly and Concisely
- Avoiding Commonly Misused Words
- Active Voice vs. Passive Voice
- Choosing an Effective Essay Topic
- An Overview of Literary Genres
- What Makes Classic Literature Classic?
- Determining Your Writing Style
- APA vs. MLA: What Style Guide Do I Use?