Writing a successful college admission essay can be stressful. After all, it's your one chance to make a first impression to the college or university of your choice. It can be the deciding factor in your admission status. Don't let poor writing skills stop you from getting into your first choice school. Learn the art of writing a sucessful admission essay by reading our step-by-step guidelines that walk you through the unique requirements of an admission paper. Learn how to honestly write about yourself while captivating your reader and improve the positive impact of your admission essay.
- What Makes Admission Essays Successful?
- How to Use a Writing Guide Wisely
- Do You Know What the School Values?
- Which Personal Qualities Count As Good?
- How to Be Remembered
- Writing the Essay: The First Sentence
- The First Paragraph
- The Body
- Don't Get Caught In a Lie
- The Last Paragraph
- Finishing Touches
Additional Writing Resources
- What's a Good Essay?
- Academic Essays
- Scholarship Essays
- Essay Writing: First-Person and Third-Person Points of View
- Elements of a Successful Research Paper
- Removing Redundancy: Writing Clearly and Concisely
- Avoiding Commonly Misused Words
- Active Voice vs. Passive Voice
- Choosing an Effective Essay Topic
- An Overview of Literary Genres
- What Makes Classic Literature Classic?
- Determining Your Writing Style
- APA vs. MLA: What Style Guide Do I Use?