Wide Sargasso Sea Bibliography
by Jean Rhys
Author of ClassicNote and Sources
Jennie K. Hann, author of ClassicNote. Completed on April 20, 2007, copyright held by GradeSaver.
Updated and revised by W.C. Miller July 25, 2007. Copyright held by GradeSaver.
Frickey, Pierrette M. Critical Perspectives on Jean Rhys. Washington, D.C.: Three Continents Press, 1990.
Gilbert, Sandra M. and Susan Gubar. The Madwoman in the Attic: The Woman Writer and the Nineteenth-Century Literary Imagination. New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1979.
Gregg, Veronica Marie. Jean Rhys's Historical Imagination: Reading and Writing the Creole. Chapel Hill and London: The University of North Carolina Press, 1995.
Groden, Michael and Martin Kreiswirth, eds. The Johns Hopkinds Guide to Literary Theory and Criticism. Baltimore and London: The Johns Hopkins University Press, 1994.
Howells, Coral Ann. Jean Rhys. New York and London: Harvester Wheatsheaf, 1991.
Simpson, Anne B. Territories of the Psyche: The Fiction of Jean Rhys. New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2005.
Staley, Thomas F. Jean Rhys: A Critical Study. London: The Macmillan Press Ltd, 1979.
Rhys, Jean. Wide Sargasso Sea (1966), ed. Judith L. Raiskin. New York and London: Norton, 1999.Peter Hulme, University of Essex. "Jean Rhys (1890-1979)." The Literary Encyclopedia. 2001-01-21. 2007-04-20. <http://www.litencyc.com/php/speople.php?rec=true&UID=3758>."Wide Sargasso Sea Reading Group Guide." 2007-04-21. <http://www2.wwnorton.com/rgguides/sargassorgg.htm#bio>.
Wide Sargasso Sea Essays and Related Content
- Wide Sargasso Sea: Major Themes
- Wide Sargasso Sea: Essays
- Wide Sargasso Sea: Questions
- Wide Sargasso Sea: Purchase the Novel and Related Material
- Jean Rhys: Biography
- Wide Sargasso Sea Summary
- About Wide Sargasso Sea
- Character List
- Glossary of Terms
- Major Themes
- Summary and Analysis of Part 1, Section 1
- Summary and Analysis of Part 1, Section 2
- Summary and Analysis of Part 1, Section 3
- Summary and Analysis of Part 2, Section 1
- Summary and Analysis of Part 2, Section 2
- Summary and Analysis of Part 2, Section 3
- Summary and Analysis of Part 2, Section 4
- Summary and Analysis of Part 2, Section 5
- Summary and Analysis of Part 3
- What is "post-colonialism"?
- Related Links on Wide Sargasso Sea
- Suggested Essay Questions
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 1
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 2
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 3
- Test Yourself! - Quiz 4
- Author of ClassicNote and Sources