- Folks From Dixie (1898), short story collection
- The Heart of Happy Hollow: A Collection of Stories
- The Strength of Gideon and Other Stories (1900).
- The Uncalled (1898), novel, available at the Gutenberg Project
- The Love of Landry "was deemed unconvincing in its presentation of white characters and was dismissed as inferior to Dunbar's tales of blacks."
- The Fanatics, "about America at the beginning of the Civil War. Its central characters are from white families who differ in their North-South sympathies and spark a dispute in their Ohio community. The Fanatics was a commercial failure upon publication, and in the ensuing years it has continued to be regarded as a superficial, largely uncompelling work."
- The Sport of the Gods (1902), novel
This content is from Wikipedia. GradeSaver is providing this content as a courtesy until we can offer a professionally written study guide by one of our staff editors. We do not consider this content professional or citable. Please use your discretion when relying on it.