The Turn of the Screw Study Guide & Essays
The Turn of the Screw was originally published as a serialized novel in Collier's Weekly. Robert J. Collier, whose father had founded the magazine, had just become editor. At the time, James was already a well-known author, having already published The Europeans, Daisy Miller, Washington Square, and…
Turn of the Screw study guide contains a biography of Henry James, literature essays, a complete e-text, quiz questions, major themes, characters, and a full summary and analysis.
- The Turn of the Screw Summary
- About The Turn of the Screw
- Character List
- Summary and Analysis of Prologue and Chapters 1-4
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters 5-8
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters 9-12
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters 13-16
- Summary and Analysis of Chapters 17-20
- Search for Love
- Using Barthes to Explain "Turn of the Screw"
- The Role of Quint and Jessel in Henry James’ "The Turn of the Screw"
- "The Malevolent Governess and the Benevolent Ghosts": A Subversive Reading of The Turn of the Screw
- The Devil Didn’t Make Her Do It: A Critical Analysis of The Turn Of The Screw