Write a journal for the following section Pg 1-17
Refer journal entry requirements and sample journal from succeeding slide
1. Each entry must be at least 1-2 pages long.
2. Summarize what is happening in each section.
3. Describe your personal response to the reading selection. State your feelings, thoughts, reactions, and questions about situations, ideas, actions, character, setting, symbols, plot, theme, and any other elements of the book. Write about what you like or dislike, what seems confusing, or unusual to you. Tell me what you think something means. You can`t be wrong, so take risks and be honest!
4. After writing your personal response, you must make a prediction about what you think might happen later. You also need to make a connection in which you relate something you already know or are familiar with to the plot, characters or setting
5. Finally, somewhere within your personal response, you MUST include ONE quote from the text in which you cite in MLA format.
– Perhaps you discuss in your personal response how you think the main character is acting a little bit selfish. Include a quote to show this and explain what it means.
– Perhaps you make a prediction of what happens next based on the interaction that occurs between two characters; add a quote to show this interaction.
– You only need ONE quote somewhere in your entry, however you may include more if you wish.