1. The first time they send Cole to the island it's innatailly supposed to be a year experience.
2. The circle wants to believe Cole has a wanting to forgive Peter and move on from his anger. The circle wants to beleive Cole's actions are true so that they can truly make a difference in Cole.
3. Cole blames Peter, Peter's laywer, his parents,and the circle. He hates everone involved and caught up in this mess
4. After Cole spits on the bear the bear licks it because he was curous showing no harm to Cole.
5.After the mauling Cole eats various things from the environment around him, he eats bugs, worms, a mouse and he drinks water from a near by mud puddle.
6. Cole throws it away to show he doesnt care if people believe him because he believes himself and thats all that matters to him. He wants his own word to be enough for people to believe him, not needing constant proof.
7. Cole's second trip to the island is sponsered by Garvey and Edwin. The money they need for it is collected from selling all Coles old possesions.
8. umm. That he got a true second chance?? not sure on the question.
9. Out of the huge log Cole makes a totem pole showing all the animals hes seen and each lesson hes learned from them. It's his story, his search and his past hes representing.
10. Throughout the book Cole and Peter go form enemies to sort of friends. At the begining Cole hates Peter for getting him into this mess, and peter is terrified of Cole rebeating him. they have to contact until Peter comes to the island with Cole there to try to heal from his fear. Cole lets Peter get his anger out so that he can truly forgive Cole, and in the end they still have a long way to full forgivness but they begin to trust and understand each other.