1. Dill was present when Atticus tells Helen Robinson the news of her husband’s death. Summarize what happened.
3. Scout recalls what people in Maycomb had said after Tom’s death. What was general attitude of the townspeople?
4. To what did Mr. Underwood’s editorial compare Tom’s death?
5. What was Scout confused about when she read the editorial? What became clear to her upon later reflection?
6. What remark did Mr. Ewell make upon hearing of Tom’s death? What is the significance of the remark?