1. Aunt Alexandra is entertaining her missionary circle. Who are the Mrunas? Why do they interest the circle?
2. Mrs. Merriweather says, “If we just let them know we forgive’ em, that we’ve forgotten it, then this whole thing’ll blow over.” Who and what is she talking about? What is ironic about her statement?
3. What is hypocritical about the concern the ladies of the missionary circle have for the Mrunas?
4. When Mrs. Merriweather claims, “there are some good but misguided people in this town,” what is she talking about?
5. What does Miss Maudie say that silences Mrs. Merriweather?
6. Why does Scout prefer the company of men as opposed to that of women?
7. What did Calpurnia say to Miss Rachel’s cook about Tom’s despair? What was the last thing Tom told Atticus?
8. When Atticus arrives home, what news does he bring about Tom Robinson?
9. Alexandra asks Miss Maudie, “[W]hat else do they want from him, Maudie, what else?” What does she mean by this?